Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/40/d512117492/htdocs/MainSiteWebspace/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
No upcoming events this year
- AGMJanuary 5, 2018The Mallory Park RR League Annual General Meeting is to be held at 7.30pm on ...
- Youth Competition Grant AwardsApril 20, 2017We’re please to announce that the riders being awarded Youth Competition Grants for 2017 are James ...
- Youth Competition GrantsJanuary 25, 2017We are pleased to announce that for 2017 we will be making available £1000 in ...
- 2017 Youth CalendarJanuary 12, 2017Below is the 2017 Youth calendar at Mallory Park RR League. Click on the image ...
- 2016 AGM MinutesDecember 30, 2016Minutes of the 2016 AGM are available by clicking here A brief summary of the main ...
- Raleigh bikes for U14 and U16 winnersApril 11, 2016Raleigh, sponsors of the Mallory Park Youth Road Race League which starts in April, are ...
Youth events at Mallory Park Road Race League are run on Tuesday evenings from mid-April to mid-August.There are races for 3 age groups each evening, U8, U10/U12 and U14/U16 age groups.
For 2017 we are retaining the 2016 points system
- Scratch Race, our basic race with 5,4,3,2 and 1 points for the first 5 riders at the finish
- Points race – sprints every lap on the finish line for 5,3,2,1 points, double points on the last sprint. The winner is the rider with most points
- Stage Race – For U10/12 and U14/16 age groups, a Time Trial and a Scratch Race. Stages are worth half points, the overall full points. Stage winner gets 1 pt, 2nd gets 2 etc and the overall winner is the rider with the lowest overall points total
- Time Trial – For U10/12 and U14/16, a chance to have a go at a longer time trial in a safe environment. U10/12 riders will be on the lower (flat) circuit, whilst U14/16 riders will be on the full circuit featuring the climb up to Gerrards. Same points tariff as Scratch Race. Ideal preparation for the Assen Youth Tour.
- Double League points for 3 events
- Bonus sprints qualifying for league points in 2 events. A single sprint with 5,3,2 and 1 points for the first 4 riders
Note that BC points are only available for U14 and U16 riders, in line with BC policy, and for stage races its the overall that counts for BC
All events, with the exception of the last event, are run under British Cycling rules and may be seen on the BC website by clicking on the link in the sidebar.
Note that we only do entry on the line.
(SR=Scratch Race, BS=Bonus Sprint, DP=Double Points, GL=Golden Lap, PR=Points Race, ST=Stage Race)
Click on a start time to get full event and circuit details
Click on a start time to get full event and circuit details
|08/05||18:45||18:25 SR||19:30 BS|
|15/05||18:45||19:05 BS||18:20 SR|
|22/05||18:45 DP||19:05 DP||19:30 DP|
|12/06||18:45||18:20 SR||19:30 BS|
|19/06||18:45||19:05 BS||18:20 SR|
|26/06||18:45 DP||19:05 DP||20:00 DP|
|21/08||18:45 DP||19:05 DP||19:30 DP|
Mini Stage Race Events
- For U10/12 and U14/16 riders there will be 2 mini stage races, comprising 2 stages and an overall. Both stages and the overall will qualify for league points, but only overall will qualify for BC points
- The overall winner will be the rider with the lowest aggregate score from both events (1 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd etc). In the event of a tie the result of the Scratch Race will decide the winner
- Where the first stage is a Time Trial, standard road bikes will be used (no discs wheels and no tri-bars)
- Riders do not have to ride both events on the evening, but only those finishing both stages will be eligible for the overall
- Riders must register in advance for the TT, either at signing on the previous week of by contacting us. Registration closes on the Sunday evening before the race
Riders gain points in their age category (boy and girl) as follows
- Top 5 riders in each event score 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 points (half points for stage race stages)
- For 3 selected events the top 5 riders get double points
- For 2 selected events there is a bonus sprint in the race, top 4 riders gaining 5, 3, 2 and 1 points
The best 14 race results from the 17 league events are added up to determine the age category winner.
Prizes are awarded to the top 3 riders in each category
Jewson Team League
Rider of the Year
Youth Age Categories
|Category||Age Group||Year Born|
|A||U16||2003 and 2004|
|B||U14||2005 and 2006|
|C||U12||2007 and 2008|
|D||U10||2009 and 2010|
|E||U8||2011 or later|
- B category (U14) riders with BC dispensation will be allowed to ride A category (U16) events
- A category (U16) riders with BC dispensation will be allowed to ride Senior 2/3 or 3/4 category events
In all cases the rider must present their dispensation license. If this is not available BC have instructed organisers that riders should not be allowed to ride in the higher category. Riders competing with dispensation are also reminded that the gear restriction applying to their natural category is the one they should be using
|Class of Rider||Age Group||Entry Fee|
|Member of a supporting club||U8||£6|
|Member of a supporting club||U10/12||£7|
|Member of a supporting club||U14/16||£8|
|Member of other clubs||U8||£7|
|Member of other clubs||U10/12||£8|
|Member of other clubs||U14/16||£9|
A supporting club is one which assists for one night or more with race organisation. Contact Us if you would like to support the RR League in this way and get the race entry discount
The Technical Regulations
British Cycling Technical Regulations require that Youth and Junior riders compete on restricted gears. For road racing, and hence applicable to the Mallory Park RR League events, the restrictions are as shown below
|Youth A (U16)||6.93m|
|Youth B (U14)||6.45m|
|Youth C (U12)||6.05m|
|Youth D (U10)||5.4m|
|Youth E (U8)||5.1m|
A full guide to gear restrictions is available in the downloads section of the sidebar, or by clicking here
What does it mean?
What do I need to do?
We generally ask all riders to present for gear check after the event as well.
Any riders riding in higher categories with dispensation are reminded that the gear restriction applying to their natural category is the one they should be using