Women only racing in 2017
2017 sees the planned re-introduction of Women’s only racing at Mallory Park RR League.
Event Dates, Races and Rules
- We have 3 events on the programme on 13th, 20th and 27th April, for 2nd, 3rd and 4th category riders.
- The races will be run on the track at the same time as the mens 4th category races, but the groups will be started half a lap apart.
- Safety is a big concern for us when operating in this way, so we will have strict rules on what needs to happen should the 2 groups come together, the onus being on the caught riders to drop back.
- Anyone who doesn’t drop back will be warned and if they continue riding in the other group will be disqualified. Its an approach that works fine on other circuits.
Ladies, we need your commitment
- The events will proceed providing we have sufficient commitment from the riders.
- We are therefore asking lady riders who wish to participate to take a league subscription for £30 and with this they will get free entry to all 3 events. If we have 15 subscriptions by 31st March the events will run.
- If we don’t make that number then anyone who has subscribed will be refunded and the races will, unfortunately, be cancelled.
- League subscriptions may be made via the BC website by clicking here and then on the ‘Join or Club’ ta