Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/40/d512117492/htdocs/MainSiteWebspace/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
Events Tuesday and Thursday evening starting Thursday 17th April and finishing Thursday 14th August with a break for Whitsun (no racing 27th and 29th May).
- In the period up to the Whitsun break, 4th Cat only racing will be on Tuesday starting 7.15pm and 2/3 Cat racing moves to Thursday, starting at 7.00pm to hopefully give a bit longer race than we could manage last year.
- These are just standalone races with prize lists as last year.
- After Whitsun, 2/3 cats move back to Tuesdays starting 7.15pm and 3/4 Cats are on Thursdays starting at 7.30pm. Both of these will operate as leagues, points for the first 10 riders, with prizes for overall and potentially some primes on the night
- In addition, on Thursdays, we will be running 4 womens only races (W 2/3/4 cat) tying in with the Womens coaching Dean Hughes is doing. Dates for these events are 5th and 19th June and 3rd and 17th July starting at 6.50pm
- We have another 3 early slots on Thursdays that I’m curently working on but not confirmed yet
- All events are Regional C+, so 10 BC points for first place down to 1 for 10th
- Whilst we only have 4 specific events for women this year, women are obviously eligable to ride any of the senior races subject to normal category considerations
- Prize money is obviously dependant on the number of riders we get, but if we run with similar numbers to last year we are looking at a £1400 prize fund for each league, £200 first down to 15th place. The only league rule is if you move up from 3rd to 2nd cat in the year and you’ve got points in the 3/4 league, unfortunately you can’t take those point with you to the 2/3 league
- Finally, there will be a 2/3/4 event on Tuesday 2nd September following which we will hold the league prize presentation
- Makes a total of 38 confirmed senior events over the season, with another 3 in the pipeline. Full details should be on the BC Events web site soon